Reports to: Head of Marketing & Communications
Times: 75 days between December 2017 – June 2018 (equivalent to approx. 3 days a week)
To help deliver Edinburgh International Children's Festival’s marketing and communications plan and make sure families, delegates and press all enjoy a wonderful experience.
KEY TASKS AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the distribution of all festival marketing materials.
- Coordinate the collation, design and delivery of key publications associated with the Festival including the delegate manual and venue branding materials.
- Maintain and develop Imaginate’s media and contact databases and postal and email lists.
- Support the planning and delivery of key media events incl. the schools and festival launches.
- Develop a social media plan for the festival.
- Create and post regular rich content on Imaginate’s social media platforms.
- Help monitor effectiveness of campaign activity.
- Play an active role in the creation of a friendly and well-organised Festival for our audiences, partners and visitors from across the world.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing or communications.
- Experience in the co-ordination and delivery of marketing campaigns, ideally in the arts sector.
- Experience of design and print production.
- Experience of managing mailouts and email campaigns.
- Experience of social media campaigns.
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hard-working and personable with a can-do attitude
- You will be creative and enjoy working with other creative people, including artists and companies from around the world.
- You will be able to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and have the ability to carry out long and short term planning.
- You should be able to work effectively within the team and on your own initiative.
- Knowledge of the theatre and dance sector
- An interest in and knowledge of the children and young people’s sector
- Knowledge and experience of box office