Imaginate and National Theatre Scotland are working in partnership to offer an artist a paid writing attachment in September 2017. Aimed at playwrights, or theatre-makers who use text as part of their work, the attachment will allow the selected artist to begin to shape or further develop a piece of theatre, potentially suitable for 5-8 year olds, for a school setting.
This attachment is not a commission or production commitment but an opportunity for an artist to kick start or refine, an unproduced idea.
The selected artist(s) will receive:
- Up to 2 weeks of writing space based at National Theatre of Scotland’s new facility Rockvilla, Glasgow and/or Imaginate, Edinburgh
- £1,000 to cover fees (approx. £100 per person, per day) and any travel expenses
- Access to Go & See funding to see high quality theatre and dance for young audiences
- Access to support and advice from National Theatre of Scotland and Imaginate staff
This is an opportunity for a writer or theatre-maker interested in exploring new writing suitable for touring into schools. It is open to those based in Scotland who have experience of working with this audience as well as those for whom this would be a new departure in their practice.
Applications will be assessed on:
- The quality of the idea
- The clarity of the proposal including how this time would be used
- The potential for this residency at this point in your artistic development
All applications will be considered by a panel including Rosie Kellagher (Literary Manager, National Theatre of Scotland), Fiona Ferguson (Creative Development Director, Imaginate), Pamela Walker (Producer, Imaginate) and a freelance artist.
The panel will take place on Tuesday 25 July, all applicants will be notified of decisions by Friday 4 August 2017.