Imaginate is lead partner of PUSH (a 2-year Creative Europe co-operation project) working alongside partners in Scotland, Belgium, Ireland, Norway and Denmark to ‘push’ and develop thinking, ideas and the artforms within theatre and dance for children and young people in Europe.
We are delighted to announce our third PUSH Lab is now open for applications. This will be an 8-day residential laboratory that will focus on the topic of Migration hosted by our Irish partner The Ark. It will take place from 20 February - 1 March 2018. As with the Gender and (over)protection labs, 14 paid places will be allocated through an application process for artists based in Scotland, Belgium, Ireland, Denmark and Norway.
The Lab will focus around themes of immigration, emigration and asylum and will explore with artists the following questions:
- Over half of the worlds displaced people are children, what is the role of the artist in telling/representing their stories?
- What do children in Europe understand of the current Immigration crisis? How can we explore and interrogate this in an age-appropriate and artistically interesting way?
- Do children who have been displaced and live in Europe see themselves represented in culture?
- What are the risks in trying to explore such an emotive issue through theatre and dance for an audience of children?
- How do we actively make our sector more diverse and inclusive to encourage artists who are telling their own stories?
Each PUSH partner has an identical application process but with their own selection panel. If you are an artist based in Scotland you should apply through us at Imaginate using the information on this page. For call out information for artists based in Ireland, Belgium, Denmark and Norway check details here.
For general enquiries about this opportunity and the PUSH project, you can email us at email@example.com or contact Fiona Ferguson (Creative Development Director, Imaginate).