Contract terms: Fixed term contract, Part time (6th January 2020 – 12th June inclusive)
Times: 75 days between January – June 2020
(equivalent to approx. 3 days a week and full time during the festival – dates to be agreed)
To help deliver Edinburgh International Children’s Festival’s marketing and social media plan, support media communications and maximise families and delegates sales for the Festival.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor the social media plan for the Festival.
- Create images and videos for posting on Imaginate’s social media platforms
- Manage the distribution of all Festival programmes and posters.
- Manage the distribution of marketing materials for the Festival on tour
- Support touring venues in promoting the touring show to public and school audiences
- Coordinate the design of the delegate manual.
- Manage all displays and branding of the Festival in venues.
- Support the creation and distribution of eNewsletters using Mailchimp and mail merges
- Maintain and develop Imaginate’s media and email databases.
- Support the planning and delivery of key media events incl. press launches and photocalls
- Play an active role in the creation of a friendly and well-organised Festival for our audiences, partners and visitors from across the world.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing or communications.
- Experience of managing social media channels and campaigns.
- Experience of coordinating and delivering marketing campaigns, ideally in the arts sector.
- Experience of design, print production and organising print distribution
- Experience of managing mailouts and email campaigns.
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hard-working and personable with a can-do attitude and able to work effectively within the team and on your own initiative
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and carry out long and short term planning.
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK
- Knowledge of the theatre and dance sector
- An interest in and knowledge of the children and young people’s sector
- Some experience of box office systems