We know there is a lot of pressure on everyone right now to apply for opportunities and commissions, especially for freelancers, at a time when we can feel less connected as a sector. We also know how hard it is to contact people and organisations you don’t know and ask for help, so we would like to try to make that a little easier by offering online sessions with Pamela Walker, Senior Producer, and Fiona Ferguson, Creative Development Director.
If you would find this useful, email us and we can arrange a time to suit. We are happy to talk with you about:
- Writing a funding application
- Writing a project/production budget
- Developing a project idea
- Talking about potential funders and/or partners
- Help with touring or running projects with schools
- Advice about making performance for children and young people
- Something else you think we might be able to help with, just ask
We are also happy just to be a sounding board if you would find that useful – people with cups of tea to talk things through. We are especially keen to meet those we have never met, but all are welcome as long as you are based in Scotland and are interested in making performance for young audiences (no need to have experience of this already).
We also have a number of staff who have expertise in different areas, so if you would like to talk to them, just get in touch and we will set that up at a time to suit. Here is a list of staff:
- Fi Fraser (Freelance/Imaginate Production Manager) – Fi has years of experience as a production manager working across young audiences, festivals, theatre, dance and site-specific performance.
- Marion Bourbouze (Head of Marketing & Communications) – Marion has over 20 years of experience in audience development and marketing with previous roles at The Audience Business and Scottish Book Trust.
- Anna Derricourt (Producer, Theatre in Schools Scotland) – Anna has lots of knowledge about touring into schools with great contacts in schools across all of Scotland’s local authorities.
- Kirsty Robertson (Schools Project Manager) – Kirsty is experienced in setting up and running projects with schools and has in-depth knowledge of child protection.
If you have any questions, or would like to talk through things first, please contact Fiona Ferguson, Creative Development Director.