We are looking to recruit a freelance Assistant producer to assist the Producer to deliver the 2019 Edinburgh International Children’s Festival and surrounding activities and events.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the producer during the Festival, specifically the Festival Family Day and delegate events.
- Assist the Producer in administrative tasks for the festival events and productions including contracts, finance, space requirements and scheduling.
- Assist with management and monitoring of the Festival Family Day budget.
- Liaise with key partners, co-producers and companies visiting the Festival.
- Liaise with artists for the Festival Family Day and all delegate events throughout the Festival.
- Work with the assistant production manager in various tasks, including making sure that the Festival Family Day and delegate events have their schedule, technical and production needs met.
- Collate information from companies and artists about the opening weekend for the brochure and website.
- Manage risk assessments and health and safety regulations for the Festival Family Day and Delegate Programme.
- Managing key delegate groups, events and creative development work during the festival, roles will include event setup, production, managing staff and venues for the eventsGeneral festival and festival on tour administration tasks such as booking travel and accommodation.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Theatre and Dance, ideally within producing or project management.
- An interest in theatre and dance for children and young people
- Experience of working with and overseeing teams of people
- Excellent organisational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of producing events and monitoring a budget.
- To have the ability to work within a small and busy team.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines, to be flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Good time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple priorities successfully.
- IT skills especially a good knowledge of excel and word.
- Hard-working and personable with a can-do attitude
- You should be able to work effectively within the team and on your own initiative.
- Knowledge and experience of box office and front of house
- Experience of programming and scheduling multiple events.
- Experience of contracting.
- Experience of working with artists, Co-producers and partnerships