We are delighted to be working in partnership with Birds of Paradise Theatre (BOP) to support a disabled artist based in Scotland to explore and develop a new theatre and/or dance performance idea for young audiences.
The selected artist will receive:
- A budget of £2000 to cover artist fees and materials for research and development time
- Free access to an accessible development space suitable to your requirements – for a maximum of 14 days, used in the way the best serves you
- Access to Go & See funding of up to £150, enabling you to go and see relevant work – including a bespoke package at Edinburgh International Children’s Festival 2019
- Additional budget where required to cover access requirements
- Access to support and advice from BoP and Imaginate staff
This is an opportunity for a disabled artist based in Scotland who is interested in exploring making theatre and/or dance for young audiences. (Our definition of disability includes if you are D/deaf or have a mental health condition.)
- It is open to those who have experience of working with young audiences as well as those for whom this would be brand new
- It is open to artists at all stages of their career
- It is open to all artists who identify as disabled
- Young audiences encompasses work for all ages from babies to late teens
BOP and Imaginate will work to ensure that the selected artist is able to work in an environment that is suitable for their specific access requirements. If you do have any access requirements, please detail them on the application form and we will work to accommodate them. Your access requirements should not be a reason that you cannot take part in this opportunity.