Immerse Summer project was a four-day artist intervention project, with 2-3 artists in each school leading various creative explorations with children. Activities were undertaken outdoors and in person. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this was the first and only ‘in-person’ activity which was delivered in schools during Year 2 of the Immerse project.
- exploring nature and the nearby canal in one school
- engaging in public art (e.g. making animal shapes with found objects and leaving positive messages in parks for people to find)
- exploring feelings and emotions and putting them in boxes
- creative playground games on a range of themes
- a project about revolution, protest and counter-protest, using the French revolution as a starting point