Immerse Summer project was a four-day artist intervention project which took place in September 2022 as part of the Immerse project, with 2-3 artists leading various creative explorations with children in six schools across Edinburgh:
- Brunstane Primary
- St Ninian's Primary
- St David's Primary
- Forthview Primary
- Craigroyston Primary
- Canal View Primary
- Exploring the power of dance to communicate thoughts and feelings, drawing ideas from different dance styles of the past.
- Rediscovering the classroom space by rearranging the classroom, creating sculptures, and exploring movement.
- Creating a library of stories for the class to keep after the project, by making their own mini books and recording audio stories.
- Finding out more about events that happened on this day in the past and making a creative response to this such as posters, song lyrics and short scenes.
- Creating an environment for mischief-making and freedom by inventing comedic characters and working with movement, choreographic tasks, and materials.