Curriculum for Excellence Resources
Being alone doesn’t mean being lonely. The character’s playful and creative imagination opens up a world of possibilities for the young audience to enter. This creativity is key to Early Years Learning and Expressive Arts.
Opportunities for learning and curriculum links
Expressive Arts: I use drama to explore real and imaginary situations helping me to understand my world.
The importance of play is emphasised within Early Years Learning
Play enables children to:
· Make important connections so that they can make sense of the world
· Consolidate and celebrate what they know and can do
· Act out and process day to day experiences
· Thrive, develop self-confidence and social skills
· Experiment with and manage feelings