Call for Expressions of Interest
Imaginate plays a unique and vital role as Scotland’s national organisation which takes the lead on the promotion and development of theatre and dance for children and young people as well as producing the world-renowned Edinburgh International Children’s Festival.
We have big ambitions and we want people who share our passion and our commitment to this sector to help us achieve our vision.
We want to work with people who can:
- Communicate and embody an enthusiasm for and commitment to the arts
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm and ability to act as a champion for Imaginate, its work, its people, its values
- Make a commitment to carry out the duties of a board director
We are looking to expand the board by up to three people and we need people who are able to help us deliver our strategic ambitions – specifically around diversity in the arts and access for children who are considered to be living in areas of deprivation. We also want board members to challenge us to constantly improve what we do and how we do it. With this in mind, there are some key experiences that we think will help us.
Do you have experience in at least one of the following:
- Developing ethnically diverse organisations?
- Disability rights – specifically around access and inclusion?
- Primary education settings – particularly in curriculum development?
- The environment and climate change – and would be willing to be the Climate Change Champion for the board
- Charities dealing with children’s rights?
- Art form specialists – particularly artists who have an interest in governance?
No other experience is necessary. Although the posts are not remunerated, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your leadership skills in an arts setting, make a significant contribution to Scotland’s cultural life and enjoy developing a deeper appreciation for theatre and dance made for children and young people.