This privacy notice explains how Imaginate collects, stores and uses personal data.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will only collect, store and use your personal data if one of the six lawful bases for data processing applies.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal information when:
• You engage with the Creative Development programme (including booking for events, applying for opportunities, providing contact details in communication with us)
• You apply for or accept paid and voluntary positions with Imaginate
• You book or enquire about tickets for school groups (including through a Schools Booking Form, email or phone call) or participate in other Imaginate initiatives for schools
• You send us an invoice or expense claim.
We very rarely collect or use special category data. If we do, we will always let you know at the time of collection, and will not store the data if you object to this.
Google Analytics sets a web analytics cookie in order to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports on Imaginate’s website activity for Imaginate’s use only.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
To reject or delete Google (third party) cookies please go to: https://policies.google.com/privacy/update?hl=en
How we use personal data
The main purposes for which we use personal data are:
• For members of the public, artists, industry professionals and schools: to inform you about performances, events, news and opportunities that you have asked to be kept informed about (legal basis: consent) or that we think you would be interested in, given your previous engagement with Imaginate (legal basis: legitimate interest).
• For staff and trustees: to comply with legal requirements of employers and charities, e.g. registering you with HMRC or Companies House (legal basis: legal obligation).
• For schools: to contact you if we need to provide or request additional information to make your festival visit or other Imaginate experience go smoothly (legal basis: legitimate interest).
• For artists, companies and industry professionals: to pay you for a service you provided (legal basis: contract or legitimate interest).
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us to revoke your subscription or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in one of our Newsletters. You can also ask us to delete any other personal data we hold about you.
Imaginate will not share your personal information with any third party for marketing or any other purposes without your consent, unless required by law.
How we store personal data
We store the data we collect securely. Each set of data can only be accessed by particular staff members who need the data to perform their roles.
We retain financial data (including invoices with bank details) for six years, as this is a legal requirement.
We retain contact details and other personal details for as long as we believe it will be useful, in order to fulfil the functions listed above, under the relevant lawful bases.
We endeavour to keep our records up to date, and may periodically contact you to ensure the data we hold is accurate, and to give you the option of opting out (where applicable).
Any child under the age of 16 should ask a parent or guardian for permission before subscribing to our mailing list.
We always ask for consent from parents or guardians before taking photographs or videos of children that may be used in our brochures, on our website, on our social media channels or for other promotional purposes.