International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY) 2019
Spotlight on Scotland, 15 – 19 January 2019
Imaginate, with the support of Creative Scotland, have secured a Country Spotlight at the 2019 showcase of theatre and dance for young audiences. The purpose of the Spotlight is to promote Scottish theatre and dance for young audiences to an international market, particularly that of North America and to develop new relationships.
Funding is now available for Scottish artists, producers and representatives of organisations producing theatre and dance for young audiences to attend IPAY. All successful applicants will be supported for travel costs, accommodation and delegate pass. In addition, successful applicants can also receive a daily allowance, although this is not available to any representatives currently in receipt of Regular Funding through Creative Scotland as their organisation would be expected to cover daily costs. Successful applicants will book their own travel, and will be reimbursed up to £600. Imaginate will book delegate passes and accommodation.
Funding is available to all artists, producers or organisations based in Scotland who produce theatre and dance for young audiences. All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have a genuine desire to tour the US and/or Canada. This can include:
- Having previous experience of touring the US/Canada and plans to tour again
- Having experience of touring elsewhere international and looking to develop further opportunities
- Having a tour-ready production that could be suitable for the North American market
- Having a project or plan that requires international partners or collaborators
- All applicants must be available for the full showcase dates: 15 – 19 January 2019.
It is expected that there will be 6 to 8 successful applicants. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of three, made up of a representative of Imaginate, Creative Scotland and an external reviewer.
Applications will be assessed on the benefit to the individual or the organisation, the capacity to promote Scottish theatre and dance for young audiences and the potential to develop a North American tour or collaboration. Consideration will also be given to the constituency of the delegation, aiming for a mix of experience, genre and career stage.
Summary of timeline
- Call-out opens: 11 September
- Deadline for applications: 28 September
- Decisions communicated by: 5 October
Applications should be submitted by email to Imaginate, marked IPAY 2019 in the subject: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Paul Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 225 8050