Interested in performing at Edinburgh International Children’s Festival?
We are one of the largest and most successful performing arts festivals for children and young people in the UK. The Festival attracts between 150-200 delegates every year from all across the globe; we are a fixed point in the calendar for many, a benchmark for quality and a way to network with colleagues.
Edinburgh International Children’s Festival is a curated festival, and there is no official application process; shows are selected and invited once they have been seen by the Festival Director. Our preferred method of sourcing work is to always see them live in the first instance. We acknowledge that this is not always possible.
We attend a wide variety of festivals annually. You can normally find us at some of the following: IPAY, Panoptikum, Krokus, Tweetakt, Danish Children’s Festival, Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Baboro, Take Off, Spark, Szene Bunte Wahne, Ricca Ricca Festa and the Assitej World Congress and annual Artistic Gatherings.
If you are interested in pitching a production for Festival programming. Please keep these things in mind:-
1. The programme is currently curated about 18 – 24 months in advance.
2. Email Festival Director Noel Jordan with details of your work and links to any online information about your production and your company.
3. If you are sending video material please send a trailer of the work no longer than 5 minutes in length.
4. If the video is of interest we will contact you about accessing a full length link or details of where to see the show live.
5. Make sure you provide plenty of notice to attend live performances as our calendar quickly fills up several months in advance.
“(Imaginate) is a really useful festival to attend from a professional point of view. Focused and well-curated it always offers something unexpected and memorable. The work is accessible and suitable for presentation to audiences”
Festival Delegate 2013
“The Imaginate Festival has become an absolute must in the annual schedule of many venues that programme work for young audiences; being included in this (and the show being commissioned by Imaginate) has given the work a benchmark of excellence and quality and led to invaluable opportunities for the company in terms of touring and also developing networks nationally and internationally, such as the Fresh Tracks Europe network.”
Catalyst Dance Management
“Imaginate provides very unique platform for Scottish artists to showcase work, meet and build relationships with national & international promoters.”
Catherine Wheels Theatre Company