Teachers Theatre Club (TTC) is a project run in partnership between Imaginate and Edinburgh Festival Fringe that aims to encourage teachers to see more live performance, develop their critical thinking skills, become more confident in discussing performance with their students and in turn, inspire their classes to do the same.
Each year, participants attend performances at the Edinburgh International Children’s Festival, during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, and take part in post-show discussions.
As well as seeing performances, teachers have the opportunity to meet some of Scotland's key industry professionals including artists, designers, programmers, critics and production staff. Teachers taking part in the project benefit from:
- Sessions counting towards staff CLPL requirements
- Using critical thinking skills in an arts setting
- Enhancing the learning experiences of their learners
- Increased confidence in engaging with live performing arts
- Developing a network of arts professionals and organisations