The Festival is open to people from all backgrounds and abilities, and we want to make your experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. The Festival brochure is available in large print or in various computer formats, and this page outlines our accessible performances and other access provisions. For more info, go to www.imaginate.org.uk/access.
All our venues are family-friendly and wheelchair accessible. If you are a wheelchair user or if you need to book a complimentary personal assistant ticket, please contact our box office on 0131 226 0019 or email@example.com. Concession rate is £8 for d/Deaf and disabled audiences.
For more details, check Euan’s Guide. You can also watch videos of how to access our venues here.
Additional Support Needs
Everyone is welcome to any performance. However, some shows may be more suitable than others for audience members with additional support needs. You can find additional information such as set, sounds, lighting or audience interaction on each show page on the website.
BSL interpreted performances
BSL performances for the Festival are:
- Family Encounters - Sat 27 May 10:00-17:00 (please get in touch to book a space on the BSL tour)
- Protest - Mon 29 May 19:15
- A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings - Sat 3 June 18:30
- All live delegate events will have BSL interpretation and all recordings will also be captioned.
- Please let us know if you would like us to book a BSL interpreter for any of the social events in the delegate programme (see details here)
- When you arrive at the venue, please let a member of staff know so that the ushers can show you the best seats to see the BSL interpreter.
BSL interpreters for each event are:
Our relaxed performances are for anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed theatre environment. You’ll be able to leave and re-enter the space as much as you would like to, there will be a dedicated quiet space available throughout your visit in each of the venues and our trained FOH team will be on hand to help you if you need.
Relaxed performances at the Festival are:
- Too Close to the Sun - Sat 3 Jun 14:00 - Download the pre-show relaxed performance pack (for adults) or (for children)
- Murmur - Fri 2 Jun 11:00 - Download the pre-show relaxed performance pack.
Quiet spaces are provided at the Traverse Theatre and The Studio throughout the Festival. These spaces will be available on show days and will be open as follows:
- Traverse Theatre - open at the same time as Welcome Desk
- The Studio - open for an hour before and after each performance
Traverse Theatre quiet space description: There will be soft furnishings including large pillows and beanbags as well as different materials. There will also be regulation tools such as ear defenders, toys and colouring materials. The space will have some hard-backed chairs. The space has natural lighting as well as ceiling spotlights. There will be medium-sized lighting cubes. These can change in colour or stay on one colour. There is room to move about the space but it is an average-sized room. Privacy is provided by a cloth screen.
The Studio quiet space description: There will be soft furnishings including large pillows and beanbags as well as different materials. There will also be regulation tools such as ear defenders, toys and colouring materials. The space is large and will have some chairs and one table. There is lots of natural light with large windows. There will be medium-sized lighting cubes. These can change in colour or stay on one colour. Privacy is provided by closing the doors to the space. Please note these doors should not be locked at any time.